How to Create Your Vanity or Custom URL on Google+
Some people have posted questions after having trouble getting their vanity url. I have listed below the criteria for getting your custom/vanity url on Google+. If you have only just set up your Google+ account, you will need to do these things to get your url personalised.
- You must have a profile photo
- You must have at least 10 followers (this can be random – I know accounts that have had less followers and have been given a vanity url. This may be because they had their Google+ page set up for a long time.)
- Your account must be at least 30 days old
- Your account must be linked to a website (This is vital. You need to add the rel=author tag and the Google+ link on your homepage.)
Once you have all of these criteria organised, follow the instructions on setting your vanity url.
Are you wondering how to create your custom or vanity URL on Google+?
If you want a URL that is easy to remember and can be easily added to your marketing materials, then you need a custom URL for your Google+ page.
Here are some tips on how to create your vanity or custom URL on Google+
- Go to your Google+ profile.
- At the top, there should be a notification saying you are eligible to change your URL.
- Once you click “get URL” you will then be taken to a second page.
- Google+ will offer a suggestion for your URL.
- If you like what they suggest, click “get URL”.
- If you don’t like it, you can choose and enter your own custom URL.
Finally, you just need to put your mobile phone number in the box so that they can send you a pin code on your mobile to verify your account.
After this is all achieved, your custom or vanity URL will be available.
Now all you have to do is share your profile around all the social media networks. Don’t forget to add your Google+ profile to all your blog posts in the rel=author tag. (Another post to come on how to use the rel=author tag to your best advantage.
I’d love to connect with you on Google+.
My personal profile is: https://plus.google.com/+TessRobinson/
Go Viral Now Google+ Business Page: https://plus.google.com/+GoviralnowNet/